WE WISH ALL OUR MEMBERS A SAFE AND SOBER HOLIDAY SEASON!
Post a link to this News in the Announcements Section of your online meetings and Chat Groups:
Holiday Special!! For a Limited Time! FREE SHIPPING on all Online Store Orders of USD50 or More. All other discounts apply except the International 25%. Note SLAA is not shipping to these Countries due to Covid including Australia and New Zealand. See the SLAA Australia Store to purchase.
Question of the Day: theJournal is now accepting short shares and articles on the topic “Long Term Recovery: How do you keep your program fresh and growing?” You can answer via this Google Form! The due date is Jan 15, 2022
SLAA WhatsApp Groups: new Groups this month include SLAA Womens Anorexia Outreach and the SLAA Speakers Register (which you can join to request a meeting Speaker or volunteer to speak). We maintain a Directory of Groups that welcome sex and love addicts. Contact SLAAvirtual to add your Group.
SLAAvirtual Helpline: SLAA’s first WhatsApp Helpline. Open 24/7. 12th Step support is now also available in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hindi and Persian. To join the team of SLAA volunteers contact us.
Sober Sisters Talk – Episodes reminding us of the Gifts of recovery and Sobriety this Holiday Season. Thank you to Elizabeth, MG and CJ of SLAA Houston for your service:
Hospitals and Institutions: does your Group want to connect with local Treatment Centres, Hospitals, therapists and other treating professionals? The CPIC’s Hospitals & Institutions Subcommittee meets on the second Sunday of the Month lead by members of Los Angeles Intergroup H & I sharing their experience and exciting new ways to carry the message.
- SLAA Iran (Women Only) opened on 7 December on WhatsApp and has started a Romantic Obsession Meeting in Persian (Farsi)
- Healing Masculinity – note now open to all genders, not only those who identify as male, at 9AM PT Sundays
- Manorexia – note time change to 7PM Tuesdays CET
- State of Wholeness (Anorexia Top Lines for Mental Health) hosted by SLAA India 8AM Fridays IST. 13 week study of the Anorexia Recovery Tools
- Sunday Anorexia CoSponsorship Group (US) starts in January 2022 at 8AM Sundays PST
- Sunday SLAA Anorexia Stepwork Group (Europe) has changed time from 10am to 9am Sundays GMT
- Salisbury Saturdays 9.15-10.30 GMT Healthy Relationship and Anorexia Zoom Meetings
Public Outreach: Groups and Intergroups are invited to share their audio and video recordings and other outreach materials with the Conference Public Information Committee under part 14 of SLAA Suggestions for Public Outreach. See their Flyer for more information or contact them on their Contact Form.
Upcoming World Events for the online SLAA community:
- Cleaning Up Our Side of the Street – Step 9 – GDVI Focus Meeting 7.30 – 9.30PM ET 7 and 21 December 2021
- Virtual 12 step Weekend Retreat 17 – 19 December 9AM to 6PM ET hosted by the Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup (USD50)
- The San Francisco East Bay New Years Retreat 2021-22: Little Steps to Big Recovery! December 31, 2021 to January 1, 2022 (suggest donation up to USD20)
- Overcoming Obstacles Virtual Recovery Day – 16 January 2022 hosted by the Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup (USD10).
Inspiration Line: you can call the SLAA Storyline +1 (215) 574-2121 or the Inspiration line +1(215) 574-2120. International call charges to the US apply so we suggest use Skype or similar discounted service.
SLAA’s Pamphlets are now for sale for only US99 cents per download to any device.
A State of Grace: Daily Meditations is now available on Amazon and Apple iTunes for USD9.99 in downloadable format.
FWS Board news: Our Board met again for 2 hours on 11 December and is still working to reach a decision for the location and format of the 2022 ABM. Please pray our Higher Power guides everyone involved. Thank you to all those who have campaigned so hard for equal democratic rights and affordable access to the ABM. You can contact our Board on this or any other matter here.
CONTACT OUR NEW EDITOR! We warmly welcome our new Editor, GT, and thank her for her Service. To volunteer on our editorial team or contribute your Group’s news to this Newsletter, contact us.