Post a link to this News in the Announcements Section of your online meetings and Chat Groups:
SLAAvirtual Helpline: SLAA’s first WhatsApp Helpline. Open 24/7. Simply join using this link, request help or a call back and exit as soon as you have been assisted. To join the team of volunteers taking 12th Step calls, contact us.
Sober Sisters Talk – our favourite Podcast for SLAA members released 5 episodes! Thank you to Elizabeth and CJ of SLAA Houston for your service:
- Revealing the Authentic Self
- Night at the Movies
- Five Major Resources
- You’re My Everything
- Get in Shape to Date
Outreach to Professionals: does your Group want to connect with local Treatment Centres, Hospitals, therapists and other treating professionals, but don’t know where to start? The CPIC’s Hospitals & Institutions Subcommittee has produced a really helpful List of Resources for all Members to share and discuss.
- Recovery in Relationships – note the change of Zoom login details
- Daily Tenth Step Meeting – meeting every day at 9PM ET started in Arizona
- Only Requirement Group – SLAA India Group meeting Tuesdays 8AM IST
- State of Wholeness – SLAA India Group topline meeting Thursdays 8AM IST
- Manorexia – Men’s Anorexia meeting, Tuesday evenings at 7pm CET
Public Outreach: Groups and Intergroups are invited to share their audio and video recordings and other outreach materials with the Conference Public Information Committee under part 14 of SLAA Suggestions for Public Outreach. See their Flyer for more information or contact them on their Contact Form.
Tradition of the Month: 11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, TV, film, and other public media. We need guard with special care the anonymity of all fellow S.L.A.A. members.” You can study the SLAA Traditions here.
Upcoming World Events for the online SLAA community:
- Setting Top and Bottom Lines for Anorexia 7PM AEST Sunday 12 December 2021.
- Cleaning Up Our Side of the Street – Step 9 – GDVI Focus Meeting 7.30 – 9.30PM ET 7 and 21 December 2021
- Virtual 12 step Weekend Retreat 17 – 19 December 9AM to 6PM ET hosted by the Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup (COST)
- Overcoming Obstacles Virtual Recovery Day – 16 January 2022 hosted by the Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup.
Inspiration Line: you can call the SLAA Storyline +1 (215) 574-2121 or the Inspiration line +1(215) 574-2120. International call charges to the US apply so we suggest use Skype or similar discounted service.
Free shipping! FWS is still offering free shipping for online orders of USD75+ The offer is open for a limited period, and applies to both U.S. and international orders.
SLAA’s Pamphlets are now for sale for only US99 cents per download to any device.
A State of Grace: Daily Meditations is now available on Amazon and Apple iTunes for USD9.99 in downloadable format.
FWS Board news: Juanita J. from the Washington D.C. metro area has been appointed to an open position on the BOT at the November BOT meeting, bringing the BOT to a full 9 members. You can contact our Board here.
SLAAvirtual Intergroup, Inc. met as usual at 4PM ET second Sunday of the Month. The main topic was launch of our new Helpline and campaign to Save our Virtual ABM. All are welcome. See our Meeting Page how to attend.
CONTACT OUR NEW EDITOR!Newsletter Editor: we warmly welcome our new Editor, GT, and thank her for her Service. To volunteer on our editorial team or contribute your Group’s news to this Newsletter, contact us.